Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome Inside Chez Means de la Mer

Our new little home has a sun room that runs the full length of the house. At some point in the history of the house, this room was added and the original brick front is still intact. This is how the previous owner left it; I will turn this into a place where I can relax and create. The light is perfect and I plan to surround myself with books, art and fiber.  Heaven on earth.



















We are keeping the bistro set - but I will be using it somewhere else. The wall color, in person, is much darker than it appears here; and while it is a nice color of blue, it is not the look I want, so it will get a coat of paint. The corner to the left of the photo is the perfect nook for my spinning wheel and my hoosier cabinet will fit nicely against that wall. I currently store fiber in it now and there is no reason to change.




This is the other side of the room and shows all the windows that will bring in tons of natural light. The outdoor furniture also stays with the house but will go out to the deck. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with this side of the room. Possibly our antique breakfast room table; it is a drop leaf with an additional leaf. It will work as a desk, breakfast table, and could accommodate a large group for a meal.  I can also see this at Christmas time - a beautiful tree, garland, twinkling lights...but I'm getting way ahead of myself.  

First things first, sign the papers, get the keys, then launch headlong into the future.  The next post will be the first day of the rest of our lives...trite but true.

1 comment:

  1. OOHHHH!! Lookin' so VERY comfy and peaceful!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete